Chief Executive Officer & General Manager
(Salary $220-$260k annual)
CVWD, located in the heart of Southern California’s Inland Empire, is looking for a Chief Executive Officer/General Manager. The ideal candidate has a proven aptitude for balancing the technical aspects of a complicated water agency with a complex and nuanced regional and statewide water landscape. The District’s $100-million operating budget rivals one of the largest in the area, making the CEO/General Manager’s ability to navigate sophisticated financial challenges with an entrepreneurial spirit a primary part of job.
In addition to leading the staff of 130, CVWD’s General Manager also serves as President of the Fontana Union Water Company, a mutual water company that provides CVWD with access to additional water supplies. The job demands a collaborative, seasoned professional who will adhere to the District’s culture of team work, accountability, innovation, empowerment and Service Beyond Expectation to its nearly 200,000 customers in its 47-square mile service area. This position reports directly to the highly-engaged Board of Directors and leads all District operations, strategic initiatives, regional planning, policy principles and regulatory and legislative matters.
Traits Desired in CEO/General Manager: Understanding the importance of culture
– Have an entrepreneur and change management attitude
– Know how to work with a sophisticated board
– Have an appreciation of staff; care of staff
– Involved in regional events
– Political acumen; relationships important
Qualifications: A Master’s degree in public administration or PE is desirable.
- At least ten years senior-level executive experience
- Progressive responsibility in administration and operation of water systems
- Knowledge of wastewater maintenance systems
- Familiarity of groundwater basin management and adjudications
- Implementation of sophisticated capital improvement programs and water management plans
- Ability to advance regional partnerships and critical stakeholder relationships; and influence key negotiations
- Advance degrees in water systems; PE desirable
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive benefits package includes CalPERS retirement, social security, vacation, deferred compensation, administrative training, health, vision, dental, etc.
- Other benefits including vehicle allowance or comparable to be negotiated.
To apply, send Resume and Letter of Application to Dr.Bill@mathisgroup.net (Closing date Dec. 7, 2018.)